TEACHING ASSISTANT, INITIAL 1 YEAR FIXED TERM, 32.5 HRS PER WEEK, TERM TIME
ST. MICHAEL’S C.E. PRIMARY SCHOOL, DALSTON, CARLISLE, CUMBRIA
Starting September 2020
Head teacher: Mrs. J. Paisley
Tel: 01228 711544
Start date: Required from September 2020
Salary Scale 6, Pro rate £19,171 per annum
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant for the period September 2020 to August 2021 to provide additional support in our popular and friendly school. The contract may be extended if funding allows.
We are looking for someone who:
- is motivated, organised and committed;
- has high expectations of all children;
- can work as part of a team, both under direction and under their own steam;
- has energy, enthusiasm and a love of learning which they are able to instil in our pupils.
S/he will be able to:
- work within the class supporting whole class teaching;
- deliver small group and 1:1 sessions as directed by the class teacher;
- provide feedback to the class teacher on pupil progress;
- take part in whole school daily tasks – morning playground duty, displays, attend staff meetings where required.
Visits to the school are not possible at this time; however, candidates are welcome to 'phone the school to discuss the role and for any enquiries.
St. Michael's is committed to the safe-guarding and promotion of well-being for all children. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and all relevant searches.
Please see below for the job description, personnel specification and a CCC application form.
Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 26 June 2020
Interviews: will be held virtually in the week beginning Monday 6 July 2020