Mission Statement and Values
At St. Michael’s Church of England Primary School our key mission is to provide a high quality of education through a range of experiences which include:
- a broad and balanced curriculum;
- a welcoming caring and safe environment;
- a stimulating and happy community;
- the ethos of a Church school supporting Christian values;
- the promotion of moral, spiritual, social and cultural activities;
- the value and recognition of the importance of home/school/community partnerships;
- ensuring equal opportunities exist;
- an extensive range of extra curricular activities.
To achieve this mission we encourage pupils to:
- be independent learners;
- become life long learners;
- achieve high standards;
- maintain respect and tolerance for all peoples and property;
- develop high expectations both academically and socially;
- acquire the skills to live in a technological society;
- develop self-discipline, self-motivation and self-confidence in their own ability.
These aims are relevant to all of our children, irrespective of age, ability or social background.
We all, both staff and pupils, work very hard to ensure that everything we do is characterised by the following core Christian values: